Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It is finished

Sunday, November 18, 2012

After 17 months of absence the Boise Temple is now officially open. It is rededicated. The House of the Lord. Even as I write this I am emotional. What a blessing this is and my soul cries with gratitude for the blessings of the temple that are only 1 1/2 hours away. MY temple is open.

What a beautiful journey this re-dedication process has been. It has been busy, so very busy but such a strength and increase in spirit. It has been an opportunity to teach and to testify. How blessed I have been during this journey. It has strengthen my love for this holy house.

To finish up the open house: that final week I again went three times.

Monday I dropped off the boys at school and then Emma and I took Hailey, Ayanna and Angelica. It was by far the best tour I had out of all the times I went. The tour guide had just unexpectedly lost her father the week before and she bore such a strong witness of the power of the temple the entire tour.

Wednesday I met my friend Amanda {her kids also go to 4 Rivers and she is a Daisy leader} at the school and she plus her 3 little girls piled in the suburban to head to the temple. I had Brooke and Ruth with me. It was hard a times with all the little girls but honestly they did great. Amanda had lots of questions and was sincere and polite. I enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with her and answer her questions.

On Thursday Jolene and I took her sister Rusty {whom we visit teach.} I was SO happy that she made the effort to go! It felt like a miracle. Spencer wanted to go again and so I took him out of school. I love that he wanted to go again & spend time together. It was a speaking tour so I'm grateful he could hear it.

On Friday Kurt took the youth of our ward over. He took Austin out of school so he could go with. Again they had a speaking tour. The 3 oldest kids all had the opportunity to go twice and the little girls both went 3 times. I love that they have had this chance to go inside and see the beauty and feel the spirit and make the commitment to return when they are older. That is a blessing to our family.

After taking Kurt's friend, Blake to the temple.

Saturday was the youth cultural celebration for President Monson at the Taco Bell Arena. As a stake leader we have been working on this since September. A lot of coordination and hard work went into this event. It was amazing! President Monson gave a blessing to all the youth that were there. How amazing was that. I was so grateful that all these youth that I LOVE had this amazing opportunity to build and strengthen their testimonies. 

Sunday was the dedication. It was done in three sessions. Unfortunately Spencer was throwing up so Kurt and I had to tag team with the oldest. He went to the first two session and then the kids and I attended the last one. I really enjoyed sharing that experience with them. You know, life doesn't get better than this: sharing spiritual experiences that strengthen you. 

President Monson struggled a bit but the spirit was still strong and the testimony still given that the Boise Temple is the house of the Lord. Consecrated and now DEDICATED to the Lord. What a journey this has been the past few months. My heart runneth o'er.




2 comments:

mom said...

WOW! you all really took advantage of the wonderful opportunity of having a temple open house! Proud of you all! Happy for you too. Happy that your temple is now open and happy you have had spiritual feasts! I love the temple! Love you too!

Karen and Roger said...

Roger thought the temple was your house. No pressure. We are expecting your house to be HUGE! LOL! Really he's just half asleep. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...