Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

First of all I want to say that I spent a total of $10 on all 5 kids for costumes this year. LOVE it. I was grateful that they all just wanted to be simple things we had in our dress up box. That was perfect for me this year - THANK YOU kids!

Lucy: A dinosaur - FREE {thanks Marti!}
Immediately when we put it on she started roaring. It was so cute. She was great about having it on and I knew she would stay warm. Win win.

Ruth: THE Queen {$2 for wand and jewels}

She definitely has her own opinion. She wouldn't wear the crown and it was too much work to carry the wand. Whatever. I'm just glad she was happy {and cute.} I have definitely learned which battles are worth picking.

Spencer: Peter Pan {$4 at thrift store}


We bought this about a month ago and he has been wearing it constantly. Definitely got the $4 worth! haha As soon as we got home from buying it he went through Emma's tights to find the perfect black pair. {I know his dad loves this.} It was just a little too short and slightly scandalist so I found a pair of his jammie shorts and it was perfect. {Kurt was very happy to see the shorts added to the costume.}

Emma Lynn: Pippi Longstocking {$2 for red hair spray}


This summer I introduced Emma to the Pippi Longstocking books and she loved them. She immediately decided that that's what she wanted to be for Halloween {this was in July.} She didn't change her mind. It was fun to put this together. I love how her hair turned out. It was easy too. I wrapped the wire around each pony tail and the braided around the wire. It was completely mold-able. For the finishing touch we added large black freckles and Emma's idea to color her eye brows too. LOVE it! She was nervous when we got to the church for trunk or treat that no one would know who she was. I told her all the good readers would know. The adults proved my point. :)

Austin: Dracula {$2 for face paint and teeth}





He came up with this on his own and did it all himself including the face paint. He must be growing up. He is wearing his suit plus a cape we've had for years. So simple and because he took complete ownership he was very happy with it.






Ruth went to her Halloween ballet party while I picked up the others from school. Emma also had ballet but luckily gym was canceled for the boys. We rushed back to Vale to get the kids ready and then headed to the trunk or treat at the church. Like in years passed we gave our candy to someone else so we could all be together. The weather was unseasonable warm. I didn't even put on my jacket until we were leaving. That was super nice. There was also lots of food at the church, donuts, hot dogs, hot chocolate, cookies.


This little dino was exhausted from all the fun.

We came home to the Monster Cafe. On the menu was Goblin Teeth {corn}, Witches Finger Tips {green beans}, Monster Brains {spaghetti}, and pumpkin pulp {orange soda.} As most years of past they are so full of candy that it is nearly impossible for them to consume anything at dinner. But I guess I'll keep trying...


Plastic vampire teeth were used as a napkin holder. That was was definitely the hit of the night!




Thanks for a fun day with my super treats!




No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...