Sunday, November 11, 2012

Color Run

Saturday, October 27, 2012

I have seen and heard about the COLOR RUN all over the internet this year. As you run this 5K they  throw colored chalk dust at you. It is advertised as the "Happiest 5K on the Planet."

When I saw it was coming to Boise I was SO excited and created a team, "The Crazy Creekers." I paid for Kelli's registration as a birthday present and we made plans to train.

Due to some health problems throughout the month Kelli decided not to run. I asked my cousin Allison to run instead. Britany Forsberg and her 2 oldest {Ethan and Alyssa}and 2 of their friends were also on our team.

It was a lot different than I thought it was going to be. It was a family event. A LOT of people walking and just there for a good time. The color stations almost required you to walk through in order to get color. The first one was a bottle neck and we were stopped waiting to get our color. That was annoying to me. But it got better at the following color stations. It was tons of fun. At the every LAST color station I finally figured out that I should 1. Shut my mouth and 2. Close my eyes. I learned the hard way on both.

At the finish line there was a Color Fest party with music and we each had a color packet to throw in the air. It was a big colorful, dusty mosh pit. You know I was right in the middle of that! :)

Kelli could I done it. I feel bad and missed her but now we know. I would totally bring some older kids too. Loads of COLORful fun.
BEFORE


AFTER

 The color fest after party



I never used so much so soap in my life.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...