Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dec. 23 - Sweet Reunion

We left for Logan at 6:30 am. The roads were clear and we made good time. We pulled onto the road of the house we were renting and Ruth started throwing up (cough induced.) A. LOT. My hands are full trying to catch it all and its still oozing everywhere (just wanted to make sure you had a good mental image.) We finally find the house, just out and start unloading kids (I'm making a bee line to the bath tub with Ruth) when the owner pulls up and starts chatting. 2 minutes later Spencer (monkey boy) pulls a fake fire place down on himself resulting in a bleeding gash on his head. Blood and puke everywhere 3 minutes into the vacay. Is this an omen? Luckily it stopped bleeding on its own so we didn't have to worry about stitches. We were able to pull it together in some form of normal chaos before the rest of the family arrived.

THE SWEET REUNION BEGAN!!!!

It was SO wonderful to see KAREN!!! {{jumping and squealing with pure delight!}} She looks amazing and more beautiful than ever (if possible but the spirit brings out true beauty.)

For once I'm at a lost for words. Look at the pictures...see some of the first moments of our sweet reunion.



This little girl was SO happy to have her auntie Karen back. It took a while to warm up (still my sweet shy one) but by the end you couldn't get her off Karen's lap and she gave 18 good-bye hugs at least!


And the boys with their first and second favorite uncles - lol :D





After we got settled in Mom, Dad, Sam, Karen & I went over to the hospital to meet baby Ethan. He is so perfect and so beautiful (he really reminds me of Lorna!) and so precious. What a sweet reunion for his wonderful family.







Due to the H1N1 virus no children were allow in the hospital. So there was another sweet reunion as Lorna met her brother for the first time.





Kurt, Karen and I left for Salt Lake at 10 pm that night to pick up Joseph and Maren from the airport. Yet another sweet reunion and now we were all together!

4 comments:

Marti Bair said...

I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I am so glad you blog your life so I can know what you have been up to. We missed you guys. Needless to say Braxton has been the saddest!

Corinne said...

Isn't it great to be with family?! Your kids are so cute.
Oh, sorry for no christmas card. Time just got away from me, and I didn't get them done. Thanks for yours, it was sweet. I love being able to blog easier now, maybe I will actually do better at keeping up!!!

'T' said...

the joy is leaping out of these pictures.

Elliot and Traci said...

HOORAY for the reunions! Ethan is so handsome and Karen and Elaine both look amazing. I'm glad the rest of the trip wasn't a representation of a bad omen if one existed. Glad you had an amazing trip!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...