Monday, January 25, 2010

Joining Emma's ranks (kind of....)

Austin lost his first tooth today! I feel like this is a huge moment but then again I tend to feel that way about most moments because I'm sappy like that.

We really didn't want to have to pay the dentist to pull it out. Plus the permanent teeth back behind it are getting progressively huger (and yes I know that is not a word but totally fits 1st grade.) Austin wasn't too motivated to wiggle it or any other method to speed the process along even after I added the Star Wars LEGO of your choice (with price cap of course) incentive.

The first thing he said when he got off the bus, "Mom. I have good news but its kind of bad news too." As he was talking I could see there was a hole in his mouth.

"Did you loose your tooth???" I asked before he could even tell me.

He cheesed out so I could see the new smile. It's not the same because there are already permanent teeth back there but they are back far enough (wow he's really going to need braces) that it still gives a good gap. That lost-a-tooth look. Aaawwwwwwwww. Tugs at the heart strings. My baby will never have 22 teeth again. LOL

So the "bad news." Austin didn't even realize he had lost the tooth until he tasted the blood in his mouth and the tooth really was lost by that point. He was at recess when it happened. nough said.

He told us the tooth fairy is invisible and she is always around so she would know why he didn't have a tooth under his pillow. We were joking that he should write a note, "Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my tooth but I lost my tooth." We were cracking up over that one.



He did end up putting a note under his pillow for the tooth fairy...

"Dear Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry but I lost my tooth. Can you give me money for free? Love, Austin."

Meanwhile the tooth fairies are debating tooth prices with 23 years of inflation....

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE the note! The tooth fairy forgot to come once at our house, so they ended up having to write Lilli a letter!

mom said...

Congrats Austin! The tooth fairy forgot a lot at our house by the time Uncle Sam and Uncle Tim were loosing teeth, sad. I'm sure the tooth fairy will visit!

Stacey said...

Sounds like a note from our Daughter. She asked if she could keep her tooth and get money too. We've had to make up several stories as to why the tooth fairy didn't come (we forgot).

'T' said...

that is too cute. i gave four quarters and a dime for tithing, OH i mean the tooth fairy left that.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...