Friday, January 15, 2010

Fashionista

During the past month & a half Rooster has become very passionate and opinionated about her fashion.

It started many, many months ago with a shoe fetish. She is constantly wearing everyone else shoes but her own. Especially Emma Lynn's brown boots (thus the reason she received her own boots during my Black Friday shopping deals.)



Then it moved to anything that was Emma Lynn's. She wants nothing to do with her own clothing. As long as it's Emma's it's perfect! Who knew clothing issues would start this young?!?! But luckily Emma Lynn is nice and gracious and loves sharing everything with her (pray this continues through the teenage years!) She finds it quite hilarious actually to see Rooster sporting all her stuff. I am so thankful for her sweet attitude about Rooster's current passion otherwise this post would be singing a completely different tune.


Showing off Austin's shoes and Emma Lynn's skirt.

Most of the time Rooster manages to pull off the 3 sizes to big look which still amazes me! There is great money saving potential here! But there is always going to be that one skirt or pair of jammie pants that will NOT stay up no matter how I try to rig it. And then the drama. She HAS to have that exact outfit - even though it is utterly ridiculous b/c it is beyond close to fitting and staying up on her almost 2 year old body. So then the internal battle waged for all to see starts: I HAVE to wear this right now VS. I-can't-walk-I'm-tripping-AGAIN-on-these-mile-long-pant-legs-I-think-I-hate-this-outfit! You can't please her once this battle starts. I have hidden 2 such items of clothing deep within the depth of my closet after a battle broke out 2 days running over one skirt!





The latest phase is that of pure creativity. The more eccentric the outfit the better. It is so fun (and amusing) to see what she comes up with.

This creation was from last Sunday after church. She wanted to keep the black tights on from her church dress. Added Emma Lynn's pink polka dot jammie shorts on top. Picked out a new striped orange shirt for the top. To finish her look she added 2 different socks (one Easter and one purple sheep both which are Emma's, of course.)

At least her bow matched her tights! :D

This past week she has also discovered that the fashion world extends to outerwear. Mmmmmmm, the possibilities!

I LOVE that she has the model pose down too!


I have no doubt that life is going to be very colorful with my little fashionista around!

3 comments:

'T' said...

Eli wears all of our shoes too. He looks especially adorable tromping around in my heels.

Elliot and Traci said...

Oh my word this is one of my favorite posts. What a crack up!

Joseph Richards said...

fun pics

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...