Sunday, January 10, 2010

My few words

Foreword: This is the man of the house speaking, my wife asked me to post on our blog, to be honest it is like being asked to play with Barbies. Happy wife, happy life!!

Today was the day of participation in church for the Romans Family. I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I always enjoy speaking and the week leading up to it. It seems like I study better and am more in tune.

Austin gave the talk in primary. It was excellent! He told a Book of Mormon story and then bore his testimony afterward. He left out part of the things that he wrote down on his paper to talk about at the end. I asked him why he didn’t say them, his response was “They just didn’t fit well with the rest of my talk, the other kids would have been confused.” He continues to amaze me with his questions and gospel knowledge, we had a very deep discussion for even an adult on the origin of God the other night. My little premie is growing way to fast.

Emma Lynn gave the scripture in primary. She said it this time with the help of mom. Usually she is so nervous she won’t say a word. She is starting to break out of her bubble, it will take time but she is progressing.

Spencer was assigned to say the prayer. It is only his second week in primary in which he is very excited to be a part of. I have never seen him so excited as he was today. I about couldn’t look at him sitting up front because I was laughing at his cheesy smile that was so big his face couldn’t contain it. I guess they had to let him say an opening prayer in opening exercises because he knew it was his turn to say it today.

I will have to say something about Ruth because I talked about the others. Last week was great but today she needed me to stay in Nursery. She was being clingy until Grandma walked in to help. That was the end of Dad, she dropped everything and ran over and jumped on her lap and continued to grin form ear to ear. I left and she didn’t care one bit.

My wife never ceases to amaze me. She does so much for so many people and doesn’t think twice about it. I love that woman!!

Work has been going well. We have a lot of projects to get done before they turn the water in this spring. We go to Mexico this week for the yearly Valley conference. I am getting pretty excited, one to get away, and two to go to Mexico. I haven’t been back since my mission. We are going down a day early to go downtown and see some sights before we go to the conference.

Writing this wasn’t so bad, it is just the fact that I blogged. I just need to go do something manly and I will be OK, so don’t worry about me.

6 comments:

Corinne said...

I'll have to show Spencer. . I'm pretty sure he would rather die than blog. He won't even say the word " BLOG". You guys have posted so much since the last time I checked! I wish you still lived here so we could visit more, but it is fun to see your little family growing and so happy too! I love the first sentence about the candy cane. . .it sounds like something my Abby would say! It looks like you had a great Christmas. Happy New year!

mom said...

Where's the pictures Kurt?

If you want to do something manly you could always spit like Mulan tried to do in the movie! ha ha

Thanks for great comments and insights!

Marti Bair said...

Kurt is a much better blogger than poem writer! I really enjoyed reading things from his point of view. He gave an excellent talk in church today.

Leticia said...

You crack me up! Where in Mexico are yall going? Eat some tacos de lengua and menudo...I love me some comida mexicana!

'T' said...

Kurt you are an awesome blogger! Enjoy Mexico!

Tiffany said...

I think I'm gonna have to tell Brandon the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" concept, that thought could work WONDERS in our home! However, Brandon's feelings about blogging are worse than playing with Barbies!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...