Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dec. 28-29-30

I've GOT to get this trip finished up before the next one starts!

The next couple days were more relaxed.

Monday 28th: we took family pictures. It will be a while until we're all together again so it was quite necessary. I thought they turned out well but of course people always have their own opinions about pictures.


primping

For FHE Ben and Elaine shared some nice insights about a communication from a conference they went too. I was personally hoping for Karen to share about her mission. I had the kids come look through her slide show of pictures. But I spent most nights with her learning more details about her mission life. Thoroughly enjoyable.




Tuesday 29th
: Maren, Karen (that sounds so cute) and I did some shopping. We rushed home so Joseph and Maren could get on the road. I was really sad to see them go. I don't get to see them near enough, it was great to catch up and it really meant the end was nearing.

Grandma did some crafts with the kids that afternoon.






Ethan turns one week old (most intense week for a newborn ever, luckily he slept right through it all.)


Worth mentioning: we played a lot of games during our week together. Christmas bingo for the kids, Scrabble (my kids held their own, way to go!), Pit and Apples to Apples. We probably beat Apples to Apples into the ground but we were still having fun.


The Scrabble crew

Sam, Tim, Kurt (& Austin a little bit) had a running puzzle going (intermittent construction.) The finished product was quite impressive, too many little pieces for my taste.


Wednesday 30th: Time to pack up

and say good-bye to Logan and our sweet rental in Nibley. It was a great spot and made Christmas homey, convenient and comfortable. Thank Joseph for the hook-up.



It started to snow on Tuesday and continued on Wednesday. We didn't have trouble getting to Clearfield to stay with Grandma Karen & Kay just went a bit slower.



That night after we got settled in Kurt, mom, Karen and I went to the Bountiful temple. It was still snowing and we didn't think anything of it as we left the house. But the Bountiful temple is on a hill. Or maybe a mountain. Whatever the correct terminology it took some blessings to get us there. It took 3 tries to get us up to the top of the hill / mountain /land mass and that includes pausing to switch so Kurt could drive. Plus we didn't really know how to get there, we figured we could find it b/c you can see it from everywhere since it is on top of a large land mass. The snow hindered that plan also. But we were going to the temple. The Lord provides a way and blessings come. After we finally made it to the top we found it without knowing which direction to go. I loved the immediate blessing for going to the temple. And let me just say - the Bountiful temple is GORGEOUS. (Disclaimer: yes, I know all temples are beautiful.) It was a lovely session.

1 comment:

'T' said...

what a fun Holiday for your family. I was nine months preggers on my first anniversary too Elaine!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...